Sunday 18 March 2012

Days 3-4

The rate of development with the chicks is really remarkable. They are all eating, drinking and pooing readily and all very active. In case you didn't know, chickens don't wee, it's all a combined process with them. Far easier in my opinion! We cleaned them out today, and because they keep clogging up their water with the wood shavings I have left them just on some newspaper for the moment. One immediately started scratching around on the floor like the adults do, and as you can see in the video, their feathers are already starting to appear. They can't go outside until they have their full plumage, so we are still some way off of that.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I know they are my chicks, well the families, but you have to admit they are really cute. When you hold them they feel just like cotton wool.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO THEY DON'T! Chicks are soft but nothing like cotton wool *shudders*

    Still keep singing Spring Chicken when I see them.

    ReplyDelete